Thursday, May 13, 2010

mixed emotions

This little girl is cute, isn't she? I just found out a couple of days ago that she is in the process of being adopted.

You would think in the ministry that I am a part of that my immediate response would be that of excitement and eagerness, but it was not. My first thought was, "oh no, she is leaving?" Isn't that kind of selfish of me??!!

Now, of course moments later I am thrilled for her and I truly do want a family to be God's daily answer to this little girls promises from God. To be lifted up, cared for, to defend her cause, to rescue her, to be her helper and to not leave her. I want that for her, but my heart breaks when I think about not being able to see her on a weekly basis. I pray the Lord keeps his eyes on this one.... as I know HE will. Soooo, I will talk to the sister soon and find out the details and find out how much more time I have to be a part of God's physical promises for her until she is handed off to a more permanent home, and then I will continue to lift her up and pray God's eternal hope for her.

2 comments: