Monday, November 1, 2010

Bollywood

So this weekend was one of those weekends where we had "plans" out on the town. Hillcrest was hosting an Indian dinner.

As we pulled into the parking lot, the basketball courts had been transformed into a Bollywood set. The sophomore class sponsored it and I have to admit, they did a great job. As you can see by the first picture, there was lots of dancing and great food. Every single member of the 10th grade class was also dressed in traditional indian clothing (last photo).

We went with some friends (I will no longer refer to them as new staff since they have been here more than a month now :)) and joined up with some more as we got there. It is during times like these evenings that life seems to have definitely found a rhythm for our family. I can be sitting in the middle of a Bollywood environment and look around and recognize most faces. Within minutes of sitting down our kids scatter off to dance with their friends, and we find our own persons being able to strike up a casual conversation without it taking a ton of energy to almost anyone around. AND, might I add, I can dance Indian.... oh yeah..... Theresa and I had some photos of it, but they were blurry, probably because of my mad dance moves..... but maybe another day you will be able to see that for yourself.

It was a great night with friends and might I just end this little blog with a "Jai - Ho"!

No comments:

Post a Comment