Monday, November 29, 2010

hopefully more focus

On Sunday our kids forced us to finally decorate our Nigerian home for Christmas. We had about a half of a suitcase with the makings of Christmas, just a few items actually. So within, twenty minutes we were finished.

John and I went and took a nap (you can only imagine how wiped out we were with all the decorating :)). When we woke up our kids had taken it upon themselves to make snowflakes to allow at least a little bit more of a holiday spirit. It was beautiful!

Should we make this our family Christmas portrait? Just kidding, but I am not exaggerating when I tell you that this little section is about all we have beside our Mexican nativity scene. I guess Christmas is more than just the decorations and the beauty we have as a family come to make it to be. This year we will have less distraction and my hope is that we will have more focus on the birth of our Lord and Savior. We will see, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment