Thursday, December 30, 2010

fellowship of the unashamed

Some pictures are striking to me, no matter where I see them or how I see them. Take this van that I was following on my way to OLA. I realized that it was carrying a casket after a few minutes, and then I realized the size of the casket. It is the size for a small child.

Gosh, then I realized that for some people, New Year's day is a celebration, and for others, it is just another day trying to live a life that honors the Lord. Even if each day holds tragedy and maybe the burial of a child.


I don't know if you see clearly that there is a verse written in hausa on the window of the van.
It is Romans 1:16

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."

This verse tends to become more real to me due to the nature of where we live. This "not ashamed of the gospel" carries more weight here as religious differences are played out daily. I pray for the New Year for all of you. I pray that it holds blessings from the Lord and a fruitful ministry in your heart. You can pray for us as these caskets are so real. You can pray for the ministry to the orphan to be clear and understood by those whom we are trying to minister.

But, more than anything, I pray this new year finds you feeling resolved in the idea that you are a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment