Thursday, December 16, 2010

a christmas day

Yesterday was a great day full of christmas thoughts. I want to start with the end of the day because Sami and Gus had their Christmas pageant for school. Gus, if any of you know him, is more of a quiet boy with humor that you have to catch, but if you do, he is very funny.

Well, he had a solo and some acting parts. However, Sami was very ill before the event so she and I stayed home (I cannot begin to tell you the sadness in her heart and eyes). BUT, I heard it was a great evening and I also heard that people were so surprised to see Gus standing up there singing his shepherd rap. At least John came home with a short video so I could see and hear him a bit in action.


He is the one on the left, just in case you couldn't tell. :)
And the photo below is of the elementary school pageant setting. Overall, a well done performance.


Now, the first event of the day was all the staff women getting together and baking 75 banana bread loaves to hand out to people in the community who have come alongside our ministry in some way, shape or form.

The first picture was all of us who bakes, however Theresa was taking the photo so she is not in it.

The day was fun. Emilee did a great job organizing the event with different stations partaking in different tasks. Everyone knew their role and played it out well. Of course I haven't eaten any of it, so here is hoping....

I think the overall thing I enjoyed most about yesterday was it was full of Christmas. Baking, fellowship, constant reminders of Jesus's birth by the
ideas of gifts and giving. Songs being sung (or rapped) that points to the Saviour.

I think handing out the banana bread was the topping of christmas. Being able to say hello to people that you might not take every moment to grab, and let them know that we are thankful for who they are in our lives and/or the lives of this ministry to the orphan child.

I pray as the season has started that you too can enjoy the people around you and take the moment to let the know what their friendship means.

No comments:

Post a Comment