Thursday, December 2, 2010

a little getaway

A few weeks ago it was Pastor Appreciation day at our church, so we (my parents, my brother and us) paid for the pastor to stay at Miango Rest Home for a couple of days to just get away and rest, relax and be still. My mom and I took some time to take them there and get them settled. This is a picture of them right when we picked them up.


They look good, don't they? They were dressed so nice and were 100% ready to go when we got there. Which I find interesting since we live in a culture that is usually about 45 minutes behind the time.


As we got there, the village school was in session. Which really, was such a good thing to see; however, the teachers let the kids stop school to greet us at the door of our pastor's house. It was quite overwhelming, encouraging and discouraging at the same time. It was precious to see these tender children during their school day. It was also sad to see that they stopped school to say hello.... but our stay was maybe ten minutes, and then we stopped being an interruption and the day went us as usual (I think anyway).

It was nice seeing the pastor and his wife take a small vacation. Those are not common ideas, the idea of vacation, time off or rest, especially for those living in the village. But, they did it and I pray it did what it was supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment