Sunday, December 12, 2010

eggs, my kitchen to yours

When our family first moved to mexico, I had to get used to the idea of not putting our eggs in the refrigerator. You don't need to and they can last even longer at room temperature. If you refrigerate them then they must stay refrigerated. See, I am learning and growing and maturing as a cook.

BUT, since living in Nigeria, I have had to get used to another step of having your own eggs. Take a look. Do you see anything unusual? or anything maybe more organic? Yes, it appears the eggs I buy here are straight from the chickens butt and into my crate and into my pantry. Let's take a closup of one of these delightful eggs. hmmm.....
John and I laugh because sometimes we bring eggs home still with feathers stuck to them. Interesting, huh? Well, needless to say, we have also become accustomed to these type of eggs as well. We now just rinse them off, right before we use them - not earlier, and then crack and go for it.

That is it today. Just a little bit of egg instruction from my kitchen to yours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment