Sunday, August 22, 2010

roadblock

This is a typical roadblock here in Jos, Nigeria Africa. No telling what will be used. Right down the street from us is an old refrigerator that is used. This road is the one on the way to the children's home, OLA (Our Ladies of Apostles).

I have learned to appreciate the roadblocks. There is a purpose behind them besides just keeping you on your toes while driving. Either the military is there to check on the passersby or it is to literally slow you down due to what is coming up next (this particular one has small children all around right past this curve). It reminds me of roadblocks in my own personal walk with Christ. There is a reason and even if I don't know why, I am learning to heed them and slow down and stay alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment