Monday, August 9, 2010

quote of the day



I came across this quote yesterday in the finishing up of my quiet time and I loved it. It is in regards to the 12 spies that went out to look at the land that the Lord was going to give the Israelites. When they all returned there were different accounts of the same landscape observed.

"The ten saw God, if at all, only through the difficulties of the situation. These two men saw the difficulties through God. In one case the difficulties minimized god. In the other, God minimized the difficulties."

This quote is great, isn't it? I wonder how often I am looking at my day through God's eyes verses looking at my day through circumstances eyes? Something for me to think about and be prayerful as I begin my morning. Pray with me, will you, to encounter each new person and event as God would.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring especially this morning when I am wondering exactly where I am with God and what I am doing fumbling around in the dark. I hope more than anything that I will get to the place where I can see the day thru God's perspective instead of the othe way around. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete