Thursday, January 27, 2011

new definition of a "meat market"

I know I have shown you a similar picture before about where I purchase our minced beef, but when I went yesterday the man really tried to get me to buy the tail.


Do you see it, up above? Gross..... He promised me that I would love the flavor it makes in a soup. When I got to the stand he asked, "Mrs. Corrie?" I knew at that moment, I was in trouble. Anyway, I didn't buy it, but I did like the photo. Maybe I should learn to live a little, huh? I could have bought the hooves right next to the tail as well. Ughh.....

Enjoy your food today!

2 comments:

  1. I am very disappointed that you did not buy that tail... You should eat it just once before you leave Africa. How fun would that be?

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just shared purchasing a cow (the meat...) with some people, and my mom wanted the tongue. It grossed me out just to see it! I made her promise not to prepare it when we came over to eat! I wouldn't have have tried the tail either, but I would have taken a picture like you did :) Fun memories, huh? Can't wait to have you back in the same country with us!

    ReplyDelete