Tuesday, July 27, 2010

a bug's life

Since we are in the thick of rainy season, I just wanted to show a few random bug's that are showing themselves (that usually are hidden from our sight) all over the place.

I think the coolest bug's for me are the snails.... They really are huge and look just like you would imagine. They are all over our compound. I had the kids run around it yesterday with the camera and they probably found at least ten of these huge guys.

The next photo is of a hairy caterpillar. You touch them and you within minutes get a rash that lasts for a couple of days. Kind of gross, but they, in person, are kind of cool. Gus tends to see these a lot and get these "hairy caterpillar" rashes.

Well, that is it for today. Think of us when you think of the African rains coming down every single day almost all day long now. I still think that it is beautiful.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I hope that one day you might want to take a trip to Jos, Nigeria and experience the rains with all of us here. It is unbeatable.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment