Tuesday, June 29, 2010

misc. things to do

Okay, so I have received some flack from yesterday's blog..... I admit, come one, one year ago pictures..... so sorry.....

Here is the thing. Last week, I took the week off and just spent time with my kids. I really enjoyed it but it made my comings and goings in Jos, less. But here are a few snapshots of last week's random events.
Sami is above after she took out her braids. This is so her, desperately wanting to get something done and then in a couple of days, she is done and wants them out.... and she wants them out NOW...
Last Friday, John and I were able to go on a double date with our friends. It was our first time since living here (1 year and 6 months) that we have gone out as a double date with no children. I loved it. I think John and I miss some of those adult only conversations. We went to a place called Net Cafe. Very enjoyable.
Then, as the kids and I were determined to go swimming last week. When it is in rainy season it can be beautiful one moment and then literally 20 minutes later, dark, cloudy and pouring down rain. But, as quickly as it comes, it can also go.... So, this is a few families trying to WAIT it out for about 2 hours and yes, it never let up..... bummer. I know we looked silly to the nigerians who were eating in the restaurant right there. Good thing we all put on sunblock. hee hee.....

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, Corrie, I think I remember watching your kids last summer when you went on a double date with Chris & Angela...I'm just saying, hehe:)

    ReplyDelete