Saturday, June 5, 2010

good thoughts

This past week I came across some great quotes and honestly, I have been thinking about them more than I thought I would. So, before I share them with you, I wanted to show an Africa picture. Below is a woman walking through the brush to get from one village to another. I am blown away by all of the items she is carrying. I feel like it is her whole kitchen besides the sink. To top it off, she has a wee one on her back. Women are strong here, not only physically but mentally as well. I don't know if I could have survived being born as a Nigerian woman, I guess that is why I was not born a nigerian woman..... hmmmm.....
Quote One:
"A good relationship of any kind is not defined by its last interaction."

This one is good for me as it is a reminder that even if I have a bad moment with a friend or someone else, it doesn't mean that is the state of our friendship or relationship. Good reminder, huh?

Quote Two:
"If you want to go fast, go alone; If you want to go far, go together."

This is great while in ministry because the truth is there are just times when I think that I can do it better if I just did it all by myself, but I am learning that I can maybe do it quicker but the final product always is better with someone else. Good thought....

Quote Three:
"Tis far easier to embrace sadness than it is to reach for joy."

As a family we are reading the book "Almost Home". It is the story of Mary Chilton, a 13 year old girl on the Mayflower. This was said by her mother who was about ready to die, after Mary's father had already passed away. Mary was about ready to be an orphan, just during the journey from England to the New World, yet she reminded Mary that it takes a lesser person to to remain sad.... But, maturity in Christ is someone who makes an honest choice to reach for joy knowing JOY in Christ is realizing his providence.

All three of those quotes have found themselves practical in my life this week. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. you're right corrie, each of those quotes has real truth to them. but for me, joy in Christ comes more readily when i realize not only his providence, but also his goodness and loving heart toward me. seeing those coupled together is transformative. i really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete