Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a crucified life


It is funny to me that I am blogging right now. I just spent a half an hour writing to you all about the crucified life and with that means removing my own agenda and my own will for that of what Christ has, etc... And I was waiting for a picture to be downloaded when our internet went out. So, as I was just talking about times of frustrations and we have them, but being motivated by more than that. When the reality is I just got super angry over a wasted 30 minutes. I had thoughts of “Why Lord, I just spent 30 minutes sharing the reality of what is going on in my heart and the growth You are showing and then you let the internet go away!!”

So, I can only assume that Christ wants me to learn in every area, my time is His time. I have so far to go.


Let me just tell you about the picture, it is of some of the children in Kisayhip “A” that we minister to. It is for these children that we live here and it is through these faces that I learn that my sacrifices cannot compete with their hunger of food, their hunger for relationship and growth and their hunger for understanding Christ.


“My life has been crucified with Christ and I know longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” Galatians 2:20


Why do we live here? Especially when Jos is so unpredictable? People ask us these questions a lot, but the truth is we know we are called here and it is hard to explain, some reasons are tangible, like the children above. Some reasons are intangible, yet more motivating in the long-term. I believe that there is something here in Jos that God wants John and I to grasp so we, in the long-term, will be more able to bring Him glory in all circumstances. Because it is His will, not mine that we want, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hi John and Corrie,

    Glad I found your blog. God is at work in and through you. Hey, I saw Jos violence in the news, was concerned for you and thought I'd write. I know you're on the edge of town so maybe you aren't aware of what has happened there, but maybe you know all about it. Perhaps you could speak about your situation there in this blog? Trust the Lord, He will protect you. Praying for you.
    - Monte Cincy

    "AFP: Nearly 300 killed in Nigeria religious clashes" http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gRoVOab4WLvFLRFJRCX8mBnnskpg

    ReplyDelete