Monday, April 12, 2010

connection

Good Morning!
I hope everyone is refreshed and ready for a good day. Today, I have some pictures of some precious children.
I went to visit them at the end of last week while they were on holiday (their school's easter spring break). I had such a good time. I am learning that I enjoy the natural side of ministry, one that comes from just casually going over there and hanging out with the children. Nothing to do, necessarily and no agenda except to build deeper into relationship and connect with them in a continuous way.

These two girls were showing me they knew how to do somersaults. I remember my own kids showing me these things. It was great as I was looking at them "perform" I realized that majority of life in family is just being able to show what you can and cannot do. It isn't a big deal, but it is a part of life that they don't always get, being able to show what they have learned. Things I take for granted and I am sure my children do as well.
The next picture is of their home. This is where about 11 orphaned children live right now. There were more, but a few have left. Even the one holding the two babies is living there and when she is not in school she helps out with the day in and day out routines of helping care for the younger children.

I don't have too much to say except the Lord is teaching me a lot through this home. The desire to stay connected to others and the fierce passion to keep them connected with others as well. Lots to share really, but I will save it for another day. I am just grateful for this connection to be able to minister here.

No comments:

Post a Comment