Friday, April 2, 2010

bedbugs


Today's blog is just a little bit about my youngest daughter Sami, and her bedbugs. I know it is tough to see, but the picture on your right is of the bottom of her top bunk bed. Does that make sense? The little white spots are where she is having termites (of a sort anyway) come and eat away at her support braces. They literally come and start eating away at her bed and then dust falls on her bed and she knows that a bug has come. John sprays and then in a few hours the bug (bigger than you might think- like the size of a medium bee) drops down and kind of slowly dies.

The reason I tell you this is because I don't think I would have done this as a child. She came in the other night, pretty late, and told us that another big bug fell on her, but we shouldn't worry because she felt it on her arm so she threw it on her bed, smooshed it and then shoved it onto the floor. I just cracked up because she then proceeded to just go back to bed and fall asleep. This is a picture of her in her little "den". I would feel trapped by the netting with the bugs inside. It keeps the mosquitos out, but the bed bugs in.... ughhh......

I am grateful that she is a trooper with this because it has been going on for the last few months. However, today, John (and by John I mean Gus and Sami, hehehe) is fixing it by pulling a part her bunk bed and sealing the under braces so the bugs don't find her and eat away her bed. We praise God for the little advances we can make here!!

Lastly, tomorrow is Easter, and I cannot believe that it has been one year since I wrote my blog entry of "firsts" and now a year later, we have had lots of "seconds" and lots of routines and broken routines and just life happening. I will write more tomorrow on Easter. But, Christ has risen!! He has risen indeed!! Amen!!

3 comments:

  1. Bless her heart! Yuck . . . when I saw the title I thought you were going to talk about REAL Bedbugs - the kind that bite you during the night. Our Moldova missionary friends had an awful time with those last year.

    HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss John screaming. He's Risen, He's Risen Indeed." for the second year in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, with Cathy, thought about John today on Easter. ...And waking us up every other day with, "Christ is RISEN!!"
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete