Sunday, March 1, 2009

FROM JOHN



Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you who are praying for us.  Corrie shared that we moved into our rental yesterday.  It was an interesting experience getting it ready.  The landlord "Buyo" is super kind and did a great job cleaning and painting the place.  I spent most of my time in the bathrooms.  We have two bathrooms with showers, sinks and toilets.  The two showers didn't work so I attempted to rework the plumbing a bit.  Now we have two showers that look like the ones you use at summer camp with all the pvc/galvanized pipe exposed.  They work okay now. We bought one small water heater for one of the bathrooms for now and hope to get another one soon for the other.  

I have learned a lot about the differences of "wants" and "needs".  I often say I need a lot of things when in reality, I just want them. (This excludes cookie dough and peanut butter).  We can get by without a lot more than we think.  I used to blame Corrie for being the one who wanted the creature comforts, but in reality it is me that needs/wants them.   In reality things are good and we are so grateful to have a place so close to Jason and Emilee's/Group housing. 

Please pray as we continue to adjust and also prepare for the EMI team that is coming.  This is the team that is going to work on the master-plan of the village property.  They arrive on March 19th. 

2 comments:

  1. John - when I started reading your post about the bathrooms, I THOUGHT you were going to say you were disinfecting them (big GRIN). . . but I am so pleased that you were able to get them in working order, even if it is summer camp :)
    We have a VERY cold rain (33 degrees) that they say will turn to snow - we shall see!
    All our family prays for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    You are such a great problem solver. You're family is so lucky to have you as their dad. Please send us a want list so we can bring what we can when we come. God will provide the needs, we provide the wants..is a washer/dryer at the top of the list of just cookie dough and peanut butter. You know you could probably grow peanuts there. Save some that are uncooked! We continue our search for flights and hope to have them naled down this week. Will you check out yahoo messenger and let us know whenyou'll be at the PC so we can call you. It's free. That should catch your attention...free... you are my son you know. Love, Dad & Eileen

    ReplyDelete