Saturday, March 21, 2009

period.

"The most critical breakthrough of faith you and I could ever experience is to let God bring us to a place where we trust Him - period."
What do you think of this statement?  I just read it a couple of days ago in the Esther Bible study.  I like the sentence, but how do we know if we are really trusting?  How do I know that I am not trusting in my own strength or someone else's for that matter?  Do we have to be struggling to be trusting?  If I am not struggling, am I still in a place of trust?  
John is gone is Abuja again, this time picking up a pretty large group of engineers that will remain here with us for about 12 days.  That is a long time for a group and there are so many "things" with this group that I am nervous about.... my first group while living in Africa, being a part of the schedule, but not really because my kids are home for spring break, being a part of a team that is so much smaller that I was and am responsible for things I have never had to be a part of before so I just hope people get fed!  Not seeing John much over the next two weeks because he is very intricately involved in this group and there are other things that I have prayed and trusted the Lord for, but I hope that I really do trust the Lord for them - period.  
I don't know, I am just chewing over these thoughts in my head, nothing more or less to offer - period.  That is a simple word, isn't it yet speaks volumes!  
God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Cor,

    Eileen says, "You're in a perfect place and so gifted at listening for God to speak to you."

    I say, once again you have helped me set the tone for my day. Thank God for you and your words. Remember sometimes we trust because we receive the support from God coming from people around us. Trusting, I believe, also means trusting those God sends to support us...like the guy trapped on the roof top in the middle of a flooded river who refused tobe rescued by the row boat, helicolpter, etc..when he drowned and found himself face to face with God and said to God, "I trusted you to rescue me and you failed me" God said, "I sent a row boat and a helicopter and you refused!"

    I think your nervousness about the next twelve days makes sense. Remind yourself you have many more skills than you will ever use.

    Love,

    Dadale & Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ira Sankey (D.L Moody's parnter) wrote the music to this:

    Simply trusting every day,
    Trusting through a stormy way;
    Even when my faith is small,
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.

    Refrain

    Trusting as the moments fly,
    Trusting as the days go by;
    Trusting Him whate’er befall,
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.

    Brightly does His Spirit shine
    Into this poor heart of mine;
    While He leads I cannot fall;
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.

    Refrain

    Singing if my way is clear,
    Praying if the path be drear;
    If in danger for Him call;
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.

    Refrain

    Trusting Him while life shall last,
    Trusting Him till earth be past;
    Till within the jasper wall,
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.

    Refrain

    If you've read DL MOODY's bio, you know he was a man of prayer. I think that is the key - PRAYER! and of course, reading the WORD, but Prayer seems to take more work . .

    We have our own group coming this week (3 young men who are part of the ENCOUNTER REVIVAL program coming to our church so I am off to fill the fridge) . . .

    Pray long enough that you are TRANSPARENT with GOD and thereby INTIMATE with Him! (That is what I am being hammered with the last few days . . . hope it helps you!) I will continue to pray for you SPECIFICALLY the aforementioned requests.

    Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi honey... this is Beth, I am in MCAllen... missing you tons and remembering the last time we were here together. I am getting you some goodies tomorrow to send with them.
    I'll call soon.
    B-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie, I can not think of one other person who so willingly trusts with her whole being than YOU! thank you for reminding me to follow the example. Love Ya!
    SD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to hear how He uses you. How people get fed. 5 words, five loaves and two fish. Thanks again for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corrie, love you being you! It is all in the period. Have you seen Facing the Giants? You have many giants to face in your new experiences. Do you remember the pep talk at the end of the championship game? The coach says "Tell me what's impossible with God?" and they all answer one by one - Nothing is Impossible. Nothing is impossible for Corrie and John to do IF it is of God, for God and by God. You will do awesome and are living it PERIOD with God! Thanks for the lesson! I needed it! - Chris

    ReplyDelete