Wednesday, October 6, 2010

it's a battle

Last night in debriefing, the team and I were talking about "Ah Hah" moments. I was sharing one of my defining moments with them that took place about 16 years ago. A time when the Lord literally grabbed my face and changed the course or direction of where I was heading.




I wasn't able to sleep last night as I started thinking so much about that time in my life (summer in Albania showing the Jesus film) and how God was opening my eyes to New Testament, Acts church type of christian living. My mind kept drifting on and off to the idea that life is a spiritual battle. Maybe I am oversimplifying it by communicating it so matter of factly; however, isn't that the truth?



Here, or in any third world country, it can seem more apparent because there is nothing to mask the battle, it is a real, felt need daily. When I lived in the USA, I know the battle was just as real there, but I was not able to see it sometimes for I could cover it up.

I don't know why I was up thinking about it, but I feel an urge to realize this in my own life. The enemy is out to seek and destroy..... and the battle is real..... and I need to be armed in the spiritual realm.... by the Word of God.... Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment