Monday, March 21, 2011

a prayer to become fat

Evangelical Church West Africa, Kissayhip B village church. This has been our home church for the past two years. It hasn't always been the deepest sermons and it hasn't always been the most comfortable, but it has always been the most joyful, alive worship experience that I, Corrie, have ever (in my entire life) experienced.

We, for the last time, brought our team there this past Sunday and listened and fellowshipped with these humble people. The way they worship the Lord through song has changed me forever. Tears strolled down my face as the fellowship women sang about Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and Daniel and how they refused the king's food, but committed to the Lord to eat His food and the others watched them become "fat". While they were singing, they were also dancing their way around the church to the front pulpit offering to the Lord the vegetables of their land.

I sit here writing this wondering how will I return to the churches of my home? I, once again, feel as if I am going to have to go through another culture shock. BUT, I do know of the Lord's faithfulness. He has shown my whole family over and over again that He has much more to do with us, He has much more to teach us and He has many more ways to draw me to Himself. I guess I will have to take what I have learned from this church and move forward with the Lord's leading.

And who knows, maybe I will become "fat" in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment