Friday, March 5, 2010

track meet

Yesterday was one of the two track meets we are going to have this season. I have six runners (5 guys, 1 girl) and they ran their best times and I was proud of each and every one of them. These are just some pictures taken of the runners praying before the run, the starting line and the last one is I am not sure. I am sure I am giving some words of advice or wisdom.... hehehe

It is amazing the heat they run in. I remember running in the middle of the afternoon for my track meets, but I don't recall the afternoons getting in the 90's, but they do well. I guess it is just what you get used to.

I have convinced the team that running is mostly mental, so they will say often to me that "today is a strengthening of the mind exercise right, coach!!" It is always weird to here them say coach...
Anyway, track meet number one has come and gone. I am grateful. I am off to take a couple of group members that are here to OLA (one of the children's homes we minister alongside) and then take the kids for pizza and ice cream. Pictures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment