Thursday, December 10, 2009

A family Reunion

It was so encouraging to see more than 100 people show up on a cold rainy evening to hear what God is doing in Jos, Nigeria. We had our first capital campaign on December 8th in Cincinnati and it felt a bit as if I was attending a family reunion. I think that is my favorite character trait about serving in this ministry. Thousands of people have gone to serve at different sites, different times, and for different purposes but many came together that evening and there was an underlying reality that even if I haven’t met you, I know you and a sliver of your heart. I was just reminded that ten years ago, Todd and Beth had their first fundraiser for Mexico in the same location we did for Nigeria, the Snyder Farm. Back 2 Back has been on quite a journey following the Lord and He has done so much that it can be overwhelming to think that He is still at work, moving and stirring and leading us now in Africa as well.

The vision was shared with everyone about where we feel the Lord is asking us to go and it was daunting seeing it unveiled to others. As we unfold the desire to build relationships in the Kisayhip Village and build a host village for us as staff to live next door, I am too aware that it is too big a project for mere man, so I get excited to see God work out the details in His time and in His way. Our desire is to just be obedient to it. We are so grateful for everyone who came a couple of nights ago and encouraged and supported us and are cheering us on. That is truly what family should feel like.

It reminds me that as John and I are traveling and seeing different family and friends, I want to encourage, support and cheer them on because after all, it is family.

No comments:

Post a Comment