pain is used for several reasons:
1. to remove pride
2. more obedience to God's word
3. opportunities to forgive others
4. compassionate towards others
5. you become a model for others who suffer through pain
6. to depend on God, not others
7. kinship with Christ and his sufferings
8. restore us to correct strength
As a child runs to its mother when hurt; so should we run to our Father when we feel pain.
This was a sermon given to us at church on Sunday, and I wanted to send it out to my friend, and you know who you are, and know that my prayers are there beside you, even though I don't live through what you are living through.